Mold processing refers to the processing of forming and […]
Mold processing refers to the processing of forming and blanking tools, in addition to shearing dies and die-cutting dies. So what are the characteristics of mold processing, the following editor will explain for everyone:
1. High processing accuracy requirements. A pair of molds is generally composed of a concave mold, a convex mold and a mold base, and some may also be a multi-piece split module. Therefore, the combination of upper and lower molds, the combination of inserts and cavities, and the assembly of modules require high machining accuracy. The dimensional accuracy of precision molds often reaches the μm level.
2. Complicated shape and surface Some products, such as automobile covering parts, aircraft parts, toys, and household appliances, have a shape surface that is composed of multiple curved surfaces. Therefore, the mold cavity surface is very complicated. Some curved surfaces must be processed by mathematical calculation methods.
3. Small batches. The production of molds is not mass production. In many cases, only one pair is produced.
4. Multiple processes. Milling, boring, drilling, reaming and tapping are always used in mold processing.
5. Repeated production. The use of molds has a long life. When the use of a pair of molds exceeds its life, a new mold must be replaced, so the production of molds is often repetitive.
6. Profiling processing Sometimes there is neither pattern nor data in mold production, and profiling processing must be carried out according to the actual object. This requires high imitation accuracy and no deformation.
7. Excellent mold material and high hardness. The main material of the mold is mostly made of high-quality alloy steel, especially the long-life mold, which is often made of ledeburite steel such as Crl2, CrWMn. This type of steel has strict requirements from rough forging, processing to heat treatment. Therefore, the preparation of processing technology cannot be ignored, and heat treatment deformation is also a problem that needs to be taken seriously in processing. According to the above-mentioned many characteristics, it is necessary to meet the processing requirements as much as possible in the selection of machine tools. For example, the function of the numerical control system should be strong, the machine tool precision should be high, the rigidity should be good, the thermal stability should be good, and it has the function of profiling.