First, do not only focus on product planning, ignore pl […]
First, do not only focus on product planning, ignore plastic mold production.
Some users only pay attention to product development and development at the initial stage when developing products or trial-production of new products, and ignore the communication with plastic mould manufacturers. There are two advantages of early contact with the mould manufacturer after the product planning plan has been confirmed.
1. It can ensure that the planned products have good forming process and will not modify the stereotyping plan because the parts are difficult to process.
2, the mold maker can make early planning preparation, so as to prevent the hasty consideration and affect the construction period.
3. To make high-quality plastic moulds, as long as both suppliers and demanders cooperate closely, they can eventually reduce costs and shorten the cycle.
Second, we should not only look at the price, but also consider the quality, cycle and service in an all-round way.
1. There are many kinds of moulds, which can be roughly divided into ten categories. According to different requirements of parts information, physical and chemical functions, mechanical strength, dimensional accuracy, surface finish, service life and economy, different types of die forming are selected.
2. Dies with high precision need to be processed by high precision CNC machine tools, and die materials and forming process are strictly required. CAD/CAE/CAM die skills are also needed to plan and analyze.
3. Because some parts have special requirements when forming, the mould also needs to use advanced technology such as warm runner, gas-assisted forming, nitrogen cylinder and so on.
4. Manufacturers should have CNC, EDM, WEDM and CNC copying milling equipment, high-precision grinder, high-precision three-coordinate measuring instrument, computer planning and related software.
5. General large stamping dies (such as automotive cover dies) should consider whether the machine tool has a blank holder structure, or even edge lubricant, multi-station progressive, etc. In addition to stamping tonnage, punching times, feeding equipment, machine tools and die protection equipment should also be considered.
6. Not every enterprise possesses and grasps the manufacturing means and technology of the above-mentioned mould. When choosing a cooperative manufacturer, we must understand its processing ability, not only depending on hardware equipment, but also combining management level, processing experience and skills.
7. For the same set of moulds, quotations from different manufacturers sometimes differ greatly. You shouldn't pay more than the cost of the die, nor less than the cost of the die. Mold manufacturers, like you, want to make a reasonable profit in business. Making a much cheaper set of moulds would be the beginning of trouble. Users should start from their own requirements and measure them comprehensively.
3. Prevent multi-head collaboration, and try to make plastic molds and products in a one-stop process.
1. With qualified moulds (qualified specimens), it is not necessarily possible to produce qualified products in batches. This is mainly related to the selection of machine tools for parts, forming process (forming temperature, forming time, etc.) and the essence of the operator's skills.
2. If you have a good mould, you should also have a good forming process. It's better to cooperate in a one-stop process to prevent multi-head collaboration as far as possible. If conditions do not exist, one party should be selected to take full responsibility, and it must be clearly written together in the contract.