1. Small density: the density of plastic is small, whic […]
1. Small density: the density of plastic is small, which is of great significance for reducing the weight of mechanical equipment and energy saving, especially for vehicles, ships, aircraft and spacecraft.
2. High specific strength and specific rigidity: the absolute strength of plastic is not as high as that of metal, but the density of plastic is small, so the specific strength (σ B / ρ) and specific rigidity (E / ρ) are quite high. In particular, reinforced plastics made of various high-strength fibrous, flaky and powdery metals or nonmetals as fillers have higher specific strength and stiffness than metals.
3. Good chemical stability: most plastics have good acid, alkali, salt, water and gas resistance. Under normal conditions, they do not react with these substances.
4. Good electrical insulation, thermal insulation and acoustic insulation.
5. Good wear resistance and self lubrication: plastic has small friction coefficient, good wear resistance, good self lubrication, high specific strength and low transmission noise. It can work effectively in liquid medium, semi dry or even dry friction conditions. It can be made into bearings, gears, cams, pulleys and other machine parts, very suitable for low speed, small load occasions.
6. Strong adhesion.
7. Good molding and coloring performance.